Summer Program Guide
Number of positions to fill : 2
Start date : 2018-06-04 | End date : 2018-08-24
Wage : $16/hour, 35 hours per week, 12 weeks
Language(s) of work: English and French
Description: The Ottawa Art Gallery (OAG) is seeking to hire two bilingual Summer Program Guides in 2018. The ideal candidates will be energetic, outgoing, creative, and collaboratively minded. Reporting to the Head of Public, Educational and Community Programs and working in direct collaboration with the Camp and Family Programs Assistant, the summer program guides will work as a team to deliver the Gallery’s summer camps. The camps will be delivered in both English and French.
Skills & Experience:
- Fluently bilingual in English and French;
- Motivated and energetic, even early in the morning;
- A reliable worker;
- Punctual without fail;
- Has experience working with children;
- Friendly and enjoys interacting with people of all ages;
- Has experience working with art materials;
- Creative thinker;
- Experience using Microsoft Office computer software an asset.
You are eligible for this job if you:
- are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada;
Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.
- are legally entitled to work in Canada;
- will be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
- will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with YCW;
- have been a full-time student (as defined by your educational institution) in the semester preceding the YCW job;
- Intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW job.
Please note that successful applicants will be required to provide a current valid Police Record Check from the Ottawa Police Service.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Stephanie Nadeau, Head of Public, Educational and Community Programs, at email@example.com. Be sure to reference the job you are applying to in the subject line of the email.
Thank you for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.