Senior Digital and Marketing Manager
Closing Date: September 30, 2022
Start Date: October 2022
Salary: $60,000-$70,000 plus comprehensive benefits package and RRSP contributions
About the Ottawa Art Gallery (OAG)
Join our team and play a role in supporting local and regional artists while shaping the future of visual arts and culture in Canada. Help us tell the story of our community’s evolution through art and contribute in creating a positive vision for our city’s future. The Ottawa Art Gallery is a premiere art gallery and cultural destination in the downtown core, it is a sustainable and innovative institution that is a positive economic contributor for the national capital region and holds a world-class collection of art in trust and in perpetuity for the people of the region
About the Role
The Senior Digital & Marketing Manager is a key member of a high-performing, collaborative senior management team. Reporting to the Director and CEO, and working closely with senior staff, the Senior Digital & Marketing Manager is a key role for building the profile of the OAG, as well as growing audience and earned revenue through effective brand marketing which includes digital storytelling, social and traditional media engagement and placemaking initiatives. This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive compensation and benefit package. OAG offers a flexible work hours and hybrid onsite/remote work policy. Evening and weekend work will be required from time to time.
Direct Reports: Francophone and Media Liaison Officer, Communications & Marketing Coodinator, Digital Content Coordinator.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Spearhead the operational planning of the Marketing & Digital department to maximize profile, build audience, increase patron loyalty and revenue generation;
- Set and manage budgets for the Marketing & Digital Department;
- Manage the ongoing development and implementation of OAG’s multi-platform digital strategy;
- Strengthen audience development and patron retention and acquisition through marketing strategies that include strategic partnerships with key tourism and sector partners ;
- Lead in development of seasonal and destination marketing campaigns with Director and CEO as well as senior staff;
- Guide communications staff in the creation of compelling stories around OAG strategic initiatives, exhibitions, programs, events and collections;
- Provide oversight for the production and distribution of all external OAG marketing and digital content, including web content, brochures, annual reports, and email marketing, advertising and social media;
- Work closely with the Development team to maximize revenue generation through various initiatives including special events and fundraising campaigns, and support sponsorship and donor recognition activities;
- Liaise with external service providers such as designers, videographers and web managers;
- Operate in a bilingual environment;
Requirements of the Position
- 5 years’ experience directly related to the responsibilities of this position;
- Post-secondary education or equivalent, ideally in one or more of the following areas: marketing, communications, or arts administration;
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit environment and an appreciation of the visual arts;
- Demonstrable experience in attracting new audiences to the arts, while driving subscriptions and re-attendance with current audiences;
- Experience in building and managing a high-functioning and positive team culture.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to effectively engage with external stakeholders;
- Extroverted, comfortable with public speaking;
- Experienced in writing for media;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities with a creative flair for copywriting with adaptability for varying audiences;
- Ability to build effective networks and build the profile of the organization;
- Aptitude for big-picture thinking, building connections between various aspects of gallery activities for public consumption;
- Marketing research;
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite an asset;
- Experience with WordPress and Mailchimp an asset;
- A passion for the arts, with knowledge of the current Ottawa arts community an asset;
- Fluency (oral and written) in English and French considered an asset.
How to Apply
Send a copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to the attention of Emma Campbell by the closing date. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email.
For more information, please contact Emma Campbell, Executive Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ottawa Art Gallery extends a commitment to equity in every aspect of the organization and recognizes that structural inequalities create significant barriers to equal opportunity employment. We strongly encourage applications from equity-seeking communities, from individuals who identify as Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, Persons with Disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ and/or persons living at intersectionalities.
The OAG fully supports the inclusion of persons with disabilities in all of its operations. In accordance with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the OAG strives to conduct its business in a way that is accessible, inclusive and responsive to the needs of persons with disabilities.
The OAG is committed to ensuring that employment opportunities are fully accessible to job candidates and employees with disabilities.
Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please do not hesitate to contact Emma Campbell (email@example.com)
Due to the ongoing COVID19 pandemic, be assured that all personal protective measures will be taken to conduct job interviews in a safe manner. OAG will work with individual selected candidates to ascertain the safest and most effective way to conduct each interview, including options such as in-person using distancing and masks or via Zoom.