We will not currently be proceeding with submissions for 2021. In order to balance 2020 submissions with ongoing closures due to Covid-19, OAG is taking the time to review and update our process and to manage and engage the artists accepted in 2020.
If you are an artist whose submission was confirmed in 2020 but you have not been contacted yet, we assure you that we are working to connect with you shortly. We appreciate your ongoing patience as we work through this process.
If you have already submitted work for the 2021 period, your work will still be juried as planned in July, with notifications sent out shortly thereafter.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:
OAG SHOP AND GALERIE ANNEXE
The Ottawa Art Gallery has been open in its new purpose-built space for two years now, and has happily been the home for an exceptional collection of regional art and wares.
As we have settled into our new commercial gallery space, Galerie Annexe, and OAG Shop, we have had the pleasure of finding creative ways to display and exhibit the wide variety of art and goods in our commercial collection, reflecting the incredible talent of our city and surrounding regions.
CALLING ONE, CALLING ALL!
We are looking for artists and makers to participate in the 2020 call for submissions with a focus on original artwork and handmade products:
Galerie Annexe (OAG’s commercial gallery) and the OAG Shop (OAG’s retail boutique) are two distinct spaces and each have a different set of qualifications and instructions for submissions. Please refer to the detailed submission processes below.
QUESTIONS? Contact Siobhan Locke, Commercial Gallery and Shop Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org |
OAG SHOP SUBMISSIONS:
We are looking for Canadian artists and makers to submit original, handmade, and one-of-a-kind pieces. These products can range in price points and can include ceramics, jewellery, textiles, sculptures, children’s toys, stationery, notebooks, zines, fashion accessories (scarves, hats, etc), prints, and one-offs. We want to hear from you!
- Submissions to the OAG Shop will be juried by Gallery staff and selected representatives from the local arts community.
- *New Submission deadline is JULY 31, 2020
- *Applicants will be informed of the jury’s decision in AUGUST 2020
OAG SHOP SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES:
All Canadian artists and makers are eligible to submit to the OAG Shop. Our shop places an emphasis on regional wares, but also openly includes other Canadian handmade products. The products in the boutique can be either purchased wholesale, or consigned by the Ottawa Art Gallery. Pieces that are consigned are done so for a 12 month period. If sold, the OAG Shop remits a 40% commission.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Please email the following to email@example.com and include “Submission: OAG Shop” in the subject line *NO LATER THAN JULY 31, 2020.
Submissions must include:
- Current lookbook/digital images of your products
- Your company website
- A brief description of you and your products, which includes the wholesale and retail costs
GALERIE ANNEXE SUBMISSIONS:
Celebrating the vitality of the arts and cultural sector in the Ottawa-Gatineau region, Galerie Annexe promotes artists working within this area through the rental, sale, and exhibition of their work. Artists must live or work within 150 km of the Gallery to be considered. Artworks selected by the jury will be consigned to Galerie Annexe for approximately 12 months.
- Submission to Galerie Annexe will be juried by Gallery staff and a selected representative from the local arts community.
- *New submission deadline is JULY 31, 2020
- *Artists will be informed of the jury’s decision in AUGUST, 2020.
The intention of this submission process is to have your works taken on as consignment pieces for the commercial gallery, which includes the rotation of your work on view as well as the opportunity to sell and rent your artwork through the gallery. When not on display in Galerie Annexe or other dedicated wall space in the building, artwork is viewable through our online database, or in our vault by appointment. Please note, this submission is not specifically for/does not guarantee an exhibition.
If you have exclusive representation with another gallery/dealer, we must be made aware of this so we can arrange consignment permission through them.
GALERIE ANNEXE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- You must live or be working within 150km of the Ottawa Art Gallery
- We are looking for artists working with a variety of media, including painting, sculpture, photography, mixed media, and numbered edition prints
- The works must be available for both sale and rental
- Pre-determined rental costs will be assigned based on the purchase price of the artwork
- The Gallery receives a sales commission of 40% and a rental commission of 50%
- If the work is not sold by the end of the 12 month consignment, it is returned to the artist
- Please note that we only accept artwork by submission directly from the artist, their representation, or their estate. We do not re-sell from private collections
- We do accept artwork by students and emerging artists
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Submission: Galerie Annexe” in the subject line *NO LATER THAN JULY 31, 2020. No more than 5 artworks can be submitted per jury. Submission must include:
- Digital images of the artworks submitted (no more than 5 artworks)
- A detailed breakdown that must include the following information for each artwork submitted:
- date of creation
- purchase price
- An artist statement and/or CV