Closing date: 18 August 2023
Position type: Full time, 35 hours/week
Anticipated start date: 6 September 2023
Salary: $40,000 – $44,000 /year plus comprehensive benefits package and RRSP contributions
Work location(s): Ottawa Art Gallery, hybrid of remote and onsite work available
About the Ottawa Art Gallery
Join our team and play a role in supporting local and regional artists while shaping the future of visual arts and culture in Canada. Help us tell the story of our community’s evolution through art and contribute in creating a positive vision for our city’s future. The Ottawa Art Gallery is a premiere art gallery and cultural destination in the downtown core, it is a sustainable and innovative institution that is a positive economic contributor for the national capital region and holds a world-class collection of art in trust and in perpetuity for the people of the region
About the Role
Under the supervision of the Senior Enterprise Manager, the Events Coordinator supports all aspects of event orchestration, from marketing, inquiries, sales, contracts, data management, and event execution.
As the Events Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
• Responding to telephone and email inquires
• Providing customers with general information about the OAG events and rental spaces
• Making event bookings in Event Temple
• Assisting with the planning and execution of internal OAG events and exhibition openings and OAG partnership events
• Developing contracts for clients and oversee invoicing
• Providing personal tours for clients to showcase the venue
• Liaising with OAG’s caterer and external caterers
• Booking/scheduling additional onsite staff support
• Assisting clients with all aspects of event planning, including, floorplans, equipment rentals, and other logistical arrangements.
• Communicating all event information to fellow team members
• Set-up of OAG furniture for events
• Onsite, day-of venue coordination duties, coordinate with external vendors
• Assist with the creation of marketing material promoting the venue and any special events
Requirements of the Position
• 1-3 years’ experience directly related to the responsibilities of this position, or a combination of education and experience
• Catering, food and beverage expertise
• Experienced in planning, coordinating and executing events
• Experienced in administrative duties
• Experienced in hospitality
Skills & Competencies
• Superior customer service skills
• Excellent ability to communicate verbally and in writing
• Ability to work independently and in a group setting
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work with external stakeholders
• Proficient with software such as Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficiency using Event Temple considered an asset
• Ability to work flexible and extended hours as needed
• Fluency (oral and written) French considered an asset
How to Apply
Send a copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to the attention of Emma Campbell by the closing date. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email. For more information, please contact Emma Campbell, Executive Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Internal candidates will be given priority consideration.
The Ottawa Art Gallery extends a commitment to equity in every aspect of the organization and recognizes that structural inequalities create significant barriers to equal opportunity employment. We strongly encourage applications from equity-seeking communities, from individuals who identify as Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, Persons with Disabilities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ and/or persons living at intersectionalities.
The OAG fully supports the inclusion of persons with disabilities in all of its operations. In accordance with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the OAG strives to conduct its business in a way that is accessible, inclusive and responsive to the needs of persons with disabilities.
The OAG is committed to ensuring that employment opportunities are fully accessible to job candidates and employees with disabilities.
Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please do not hesitate to contact Emma Campbell (email@example.com)