GIVE to get art auction
GIVE TO GET ART AUCTION 2023
THURSDAY, MAY 18, 2023
5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Event tickets to the GIVE TO GET ART AUCTION are officially SOLD OUT! Thank you for supporting the arts!
You can still bid online in the auction without an event ticket. Bidding opens on Tuesday, May 16 at 8:30 AM and closes at 8:30 PM on Thursday, May 18.
For more than 20 years, the Ottawa Art Gallery (OAG) has welcomed attendees for the Give to Get Art Auction, an annual fundraising event in support of local art, artists, and the OAG’s public exhibitions, permanent collection, and community programming.
This prominent annual event will take place on Thursday, May 18, 2023, between 5:30 PM and 8:30 PM in the ultramodern Alma Duncan Salon on the third floor of the OAG (10 Daly Avenue).
The funds raised at the Give to Get Art Auction help to keep admission to the OAG FREE, so that our exhibitions can remain accessible to everyone in the community, and support our public programs, research, publications, partnerships, acquisitions, environmental initiatives and more! Additionally, 50% of the proceeds from the art auction sales will go directly to the exhibiting artists, who are all locally based and at varying stages of their careers.
The 2023 event will inspire attendees from across the region as we celebrate the 5th year anniversary of the new OAG building. Mix and mingle with over 350 of Ottawa’s corporate leaders, philanthropic community members, artists and special guests while enjoying a variety of passed hors d’oeuvres and interactive food stations, savouring local wine, beer and spirits, and bidding on a selection of 100 custom artworks created by artists from across the region.
The theme of this year’s edition of the Give to Get Art Auction is “Paint the town PINK!” in honour of the OAG’s 5th anniversary in the new building, so feel free to have some fun with a pink themed wardrobe and/or accessories!
NEW this year: Prepare to be immersed in the live art activations and ambient music that will entertain and delight attendees throughout the evening, and don’t miss out on the exciting jewelry box raffle featuring one-of-a-kind jewelry from an assortment of Canadian artisans and high-end jewellers!
Last year the event attracted over 350 attendees from across the Ottawa area, and together we raised over $113,000 in support of local arts and cultural development at the OAG, plus an additional $22,000 that went directly to the exhibiting artists from the auction proceeds. Together, let’s make this year another enormous success!
FOOD & ENTERTAINMENT
- Live chocolate sculpting and dessert station, brought to you by Elina Olefirenko of Elina Patisserie and sponsored by Trinity Development Group. Bid on it at the end of the night and take home this one-of-a-kind treat.
- Live-action food station presented by Top Chef Winner Rene Rodriguez of The Albion Rooms at Novotel Ottawa, showcasing his award-winning culinary talents.
- A live painting session by Rayna Farr-Dutchin. Watch the artistic process come to life through the creation of Rayna’s piece and bid on it at the end of the night!
- Classical piano music on the North Terrace, performed by Rebecca Dunk.
- Upbeat balafon music on the South Terrace, performed by Siaka Diabate.
- The much celebrated analog photobooth brought to you by the Kodak Girls, Olivia Johnston and Jennifer Stewart, who use film photography to create an artsy memento.
- Also featuring: gallery tours sponsored by TD Bank Group, stunning selfie-stations, custom food and drink options, a cotton candy machine, an interactive community mosaic, and more, all to enhance your 2023 Give to Get Art Auction experience!
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE 2023 SPONSORSHIP GUIDE
We invite you to join us as a valued partner for the 2023 edition of this OAG signature event!
To become a sponsor of the 2023 Give to Get Art Auction, or to learn more about other ways to show your support of the OAG and the artists, families, and community members that we represent and serve, please contact Lydia Blanchard, Chief Development Officer directly at 613-218-3880 or by email at email@example.com.
GIVE TO GET ART AUCTION SPONSORS
Thank you for your support!
Exhibiting Artists Selection Process
The OAG carefully curates an artist invitation list for the Give to Get Art Auction, which includes artists who are currently working with the OAG (through our exhibitions, the OAG Shop/Galerie Annexe, and our public programs), as well as a variety of artists from across the region who are in varying stages of their career (emerging, mid-career and senior artists), and who represent a diverse range of mediums. The list is updated and rotated regularly for the sake of buyer interest and inclusivity, while also aiming to highlight the diversity of the region, in addition to featuring a selection of art at a wide range of price points. When reviewing the list each year, the OAG gathers input from staff, volunteers, members, and the artist representatives on our board of directors, who all work directly with the arts community. If you have questions or concerns about this process, you are welcome to contact Andrew Kellie at 613.233.8699+228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.