Accessibility and Childcare
The Ottawa Art Gallery is committed to providing a barrier-free environment:
- Admission is free and all are welcome.
- All entrances, galleries and venues are fully accessible.
- Please note our accessible drop off location for Para Transpo is 10 Daly Avenue.
- We are pleased to provide multi-user washrooms.
- Free childcare services are offered every Friday from 3 – 7 pm, and during exhibition opening receptions (on hold due to COVID-19).
- Portable seating and public seating throughout.
- If you have other accessibility requests, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-233-8699 +227.
Exhibition Experience Access Tools available at OAG Visitor’s Experience Desk—Floor 0, at 10 Daly Ave. entrance:
- Noise-cancelling headphones: Please ask for our child or adult-sized noise cancelling headphones if desired.
- Wheelchair and walker available upon request.
- Closed-captionning: For accessible closed-captionned versions of several films, please ask here for a tablet to use.
- Accessible tours: If you are a person who is blind or who experiences low-vision, please call in advance to book a free sighted guide to take you on a tour of the exhibitions 613-233-8699 +245.
- *Drop-off entrance: 10 Daly Avenue. The Daly entrance is located between Waller and Nicholas on the south side. The Gallery’s large glass double doors are recessed from the street.
- 50 Mackenzie King Bridge entrance: For those taking OC Transpo, get off at Mackenzie King Station, walk east towards Ottawa U. The Gallery is on the same side of the street as the Rideau Centre mall, at the northwest corner of Mackenzie King and Waller. The Gallery’s entrance is recessed from the street with an LED sign out front (Please note the Mackenzie King entrance is currently closed, due to COVID-19).
*Note: Drop-offs and pickups at the Daly entrance ONLY. Let us know which entrance you prefer and a sighted guide will meet you
childcare | free
*Please note that Childcare at OAG is currently on hold due to COVID-19 restrictions*
From September to June*, the Ottawa Art Gallery is pleased to offer free childcare during exhibition opening receptions, and Thursdays from 5 PM – 8 PM in the Hangar.
OAG’s drop-in childcare is fun and safe, encouraging creative play with a variety of games and activities. Enjoy a relaxed gallery experience knowing your children are in good care—and having a good time.
*Childcare is suspended in July and August during OAG’s summer camps.
- Open to children aged 12 months to 10 years
- Parents must remain on gallery premises and respond when paged
- Diapers and training pants are the responsibility of parents and guardians
- Childcare is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Questions? email@example.com 613-233-8699 +245
Supported by Hendrick Farm: