Closing date: 21 August 2023
Position type: Part time, term contract, 20-30 hours/week, September-December 2023, with possibility of extension
Anticipated start date: 6 September 2023
Salary: $21.00 / hour
Work location(s): Ottawa Art Gallery, hybrid of remote and onsite work available
About the Ottawa Art Gallery
Join our team and play a role in supporting local and regional artists while shaping the future of visual arts and culture in Canada. Help us tell the story of our community’s evolution through art and contribute in creating a positive vision for our city’s future. The Ottawa Art Gallery is a premiere art gallery and cultural destination in the downtown core, it is a sustainable and innovative institution that is a positive economic contributor for the national capital region and holds a world-class collection of art in trust and in perpetuity for the people of the region
About the Role
Under the supervision of the Senior Enterprise Manager, the Events Administrator supports the facility rentals department by assisting with the administration of the event rentals pipeline.
As the Events Administrator, you will be responsible for:
• Responding to telephone and email inquires
• Providing customers with general information about the OAG events and rental spaces
• Responding to new event inquiries for the OAG through the website intake form
• Managing event pipeline in Event Temple, ensuring all inquiries are handled and managed accordingly
• Following up on outstanding invoices
• Updating the shared Google calendar with upcoming bookings
Requirements of the Position
• 0-2 years’ experience directly related to the responsibilities of this position, or a combination of education and experience
• Experienced in planning, coordinating and executing events
• Experienced in administrative duties
• Experienced in hospitality
Skills & Competencies
• Superior customer service skills
• Excellent ability to communicate verbally and in writing
• Ability to work independently and in a group setting
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work with external stakeholders
• Proficient with software such as Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficiency using Event Temple considered an asset
• Ability to work flexible and extended hours as needed
• Fluency (oral and written) French considered an asset
How to Apply
Send a copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Emma Campbell by the closing date. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email. For more information, please contact Emma Campbell, Executive Liaison at email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Internal candidates will be given priority consideration.
The Ottawa Art Gallery extends a commitment to equity in every aspect of the organization and recognizes that structural inequalities create significant barriers to equal opportunity employment. We strongly encourage applications from equity-seeking communities, from individuals who identify as Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, Persons with Disabilities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ and/or persons living at intersectionalities.
The OAG fully supports the inclusion of persons with disabilities in all of its operations. In accordance with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the OAG strives to conduct its business in a way that is accessible, inclusive and responsive to the needs of persons with disabilities.
The OAG is committed to ensuring that employment opportunities are fully accessible to job candidates and employees with disabilities.
Should you require accommodation during the staffing process, please do not hesitate to contact Emma Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org)