Galerie Annexe Submissions
GALERIE ANNEXE SUBMISSIONS:
Celebrating the vitality of the arts and cultural sector in the Ottawa-Gatineau region, Galerie Annexe promotes artists working within this area through the rental, sale, and exhibition of their artwork. Galerie Annexe is located on level 1 of the Ottawa Art Gallery, accessible from the Mackenzie King entrance.
Although Galerie Annexe is not a commercial dealer, we work with artists and partners to support the practice of regional artists by:
- Consigning new artwork on a rotating basis, through an open submission process
- Working in partnership with independent commercial galleries that kindly provide their represented artists to Galerie Annexe in order to share resources and better promote artists in our region. These galleries include Galerie St-Laurent Hill; L. A. Pai Gallery; Sivarulrasa Gallery; Studio Sixty Six and Wall Space Gallery.
Consigned works not currently on display in Galerie Annexe or other dedicated wall space in the building, are stored in our vault and remain available for purchase and viewing via our online database or by appointment.
Revenues from the Galerie Annexe support artists and the Ottawa Art Gallery programming.
- Artists must live or work within 150km of the Ottawa Art Gallery
- Artists who have exclusive representation with another gallery/dealer must include that information in their submission. Please confirm consignment permission with your dealer prior to submitting
- We accept a variety of media, including painting, sculpture, photography, mixed media, and numbered edition prints
- The works must be available for both sale and rental (artists establish the purchase price and a pre-determined rental feewill be 5% of the purchase price, charged monthly)
- The Gallery receives a sales commission of 40% and a rental commission of 50%
- Please note that we only accept artwork submitted directly from the artist, their gallery representation, or their estate. We do not re-sell art from private collections
- We accept artwork by artists at all levels of their career (ie: students, emerging, established).
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Complete the Submission Form included below.
- You will be required to provide information on your art practice
- You can include a maximum of five (5) artworks for consideration.
We thank every artist who takes the time to prepare a submission. The Gallery will only reach out directly to artists that are chosen for consignment. If your artwork was not accepted at this time, you are welcome to submit additional images at a later date.
ANNEXE EXHIBITION PROPOSALS
Artists who currently have artworks consigned to Galerie Annexe and are interested in submitting an exhibition request can send their exhibit plan, artist statement and images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage artists interested in exhibiting at Galerie Annexe to submit to our general submission process, and participate in the gallery, prior to requesting specific exhibition programming. Exceptions are sometimes made, under advisement of senior management, for partnerships that directly support the Ottawa Art Gallery’s strategic priorities. Any partnership requests can be submitted on our website here.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!
50 Mackenzie King Bridge, Ottawa, ON, K1N 0C5 (1st floor of the Ottawa Art Gallery)
613-233-8699 + 234
Follow Galerie Annexe and the OAG Shop on Instagram @oagshop_annexe