Galerie Annexe Submissions
GALERIE ANNEXE SUBMISSIONS:
Celebrating the vitality of the arts and cultural sector in the Ottawa-Gatineau region, Galerie Annexe promotes artists working within this area through the rental, sale, and exhibition of their artwork.
Artists must live or work within 150 km of the Gallery to be considered. Artworks selected by the jury will be consigned to Galerie Annexe for approximately 12 months.
- Submission to Galerie Annexe will be juried by Gallery staff and a selected representative from the local arts community.
- New submission deadline: ***PLEASE NOTE THAT DATES FOR 2022 SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON***
- Artists will be informed of the jury’s decision when 2022 dates for submission have been announced.
- The intention of this submission process is to have your works taken on as consignment pieces for the commercial gallery, which includes the rotation of your work on view as well as the opportunity to sell and rent your artwork through the gallery.
When not on display in Galerie Annexe or other dedicated wall space in the building, artwork is viewable through our online database, or in our vault by appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: this submission is not specifically for/does not guarantee an exhibition. If you have exclusive representation with another gallery/dealer, we must be made aware of this so we can arrange consignment permission through them.
GALERIE ANNEXE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
• You must live or be working within 150km of the Ottawa Art Gallery
• We are looking for artists working with a variety of media, including painting, sculpture, photography, mixed media, and numbered edition prints
• The works must be available for both sale and rental
• Pre-determined rental costs will be assigned based on the purchase price of the artwork
• The Gallery receives a sales commission of 40% and a rental commission of 50%
• If the work is not sold by the end of the 12 month consignment, it is returned to the artist
• Please note that we only accept artwork by submission directly from the artist, their representation, or their estate. We do not re-sell from private collections
• We do accept artwork by students and emerging artists
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Please email the following to email@example.com and include “Submission: Galerie Annexe” in the subject line.
***SUBMISSION DEADLINES WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON***
No more than 5 artworks can be submitted per jury.
SUBMISSIONS MUST INCLUDE:
• An artist statement and/or CV
• Digital images of the artworks submitted (no more than 5 artworks)
• A detailed breakdown that must include the following information for each artwork submitted:
– date of creation
– purchase price