VOLUNTEERING AT THE OAG
Are you looking for fun and meaningful ways to give back to your community? Volunteering at the Ottawa Art Gallery is a great way to meet new people, connect with the local arts scene and contribute to a vibrant city. Our dynamic and dedicated volunteers are a vital part of the gallery team. You can be part of it.
Choose from the many rewarding volunteer opportunities that suit your skills and interests:
- Have experience working with children? Do you enjoy getting messy and making art?
Help us run hands-on family programs like Toddler Mornings, summer camps and PD days.
- Do you have event experience?
Take part in openings and special events by greeting guests, tending bar, serving food and more!
- Are you passionate about art and able to tell a good story?
Become a volunteer docent, interacting with visitors in gallery spaces and leading mini tours.
- Do you enjoy interacting with and assisting people?
Support our visitor services by welcoming people to the OAG and help them find their way.
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
Contact us by email and tell us how you could contribute as a volunteer at the OAG.
- Meet new people
- Attend fundraising events
- Get an all-access VIP pass to OAG’s annual volunteer appreciation party
- Connect with people in the Ottawa arts community
- Receive free specialized training from curators and educational staff
- Free anti-oppression training
- Free sighted guide and verbal description training (docents and visitor services)
- Gain knowledge and experience working in the arts
- Feel great knowing you’re contributing to your community
Download the Volunteer Intention Letter here.